Presidential greetings are available for select birthday and anniversary celebrations. They are also available for births and weddings. If you would like to request a Presidential greeting please contact my office with your request.
1. U.S. Citizens Only. The White House will send greetings to U.S, citizens only, for special occasions as outlined below.
2. Advance Notice Required. Your request must be received six weeks in advance of the event date. We make every effort to honor every request, but we cannot guarantee a greeting if this guideline is not met. (*Greetings are generally not sent after the event date, except for wedding congratulations and newborn acknowledgments.)
3. Birthday Greeting. A card will be sent only to an individual who is celebrating their 80th (or above) birthday.
4. Wedding Anniversary Greeting. An anniversary card will be sent only to couples who are celebrating their 50th (or above) wedding anniversary.
5. Other Greetings. A limited number of special occasion cards may be sent for important events as listed below:
- Wedding (send your request after the event)
- Baby's Birth (must be born during the current Administration; send request only after baby's birth)
6. Required Information. Please include the following in your request:
- Name and home address of honoree(s)
- Form of address (Mr., Ms., Mrs., Dr., Miss, etc)
- Exact date of occasion (month, day, year)
- Age (birthdays) or number of years of marriage
- Your (the requestor's) name and daytime phone number in case there is a question about the reques
- Wedding (Include couple's married names and current or new address). Card will be sent to the couple
- Baby's Birth (Include baby's name, date of birth and address of baby). Card will be sent to the baby
7. When to Expect Your Greeting. In most cases, greetings will be mailed from the White House approximately 10 days prior to the event.